Wednesday, October 24, 2012

HAUTE SCENE

MIAMI NIGHT LIFE


Poppin' Bottles at Club Play 

This weekend I was fortunate to get an invitation to one of the hottest clubs in Miami, Club Play. Being new to the area I'm eager to get out, meet new people, and check out Miami night life. So I laid out my outfit (prayed that my jeans fit) and got all dolled up for a night of fun. My girl picked me up and off we went. Being a bit more mature I can now appreciate when you don't have to wait so with my shoulders set back we walked ahead of the line and in with some of the most beautiful women in Miami. Club Play is all that you would imagine a Miami club to be - a star DJ pumpin up the crowd, plenty of bottles with bright dazzlers attached, and of course, half-naked women on poles. The club has two stories and hung high above the crowd was a pyramid screen showing tweets from the nights party goers. It was alive with energy, lights, and hip hop. I have to admit I do miss West Coast hip hop and they never play music that girls like to dance to any more (sad face).

What I Wore

Anyway, for the evening I chose to wear my beloved Marc by Marc Jacobs stretch denim skinnies in cadmium green, Nordstrom leather shell in black, my Jeffrey Campbell Roque platform sandals in white suede, and a fatigue sequin clutch by BCBG. I wanted to be cute of course but comfortable as well. Going out in Miami means early mornings; I mean we do not leave the house till 1a or 2a as most clubs stay open to the wee hours of the morning. This is very different from the clubs in LA that shut down at 1:30a meaning they are shoving you out of the doors by 2a. I kinda  like not having to rush before I go out as it allows me time to workout, do laundry, cook, and work lol.

Though it was not a wild evening it did offer me a chance to dress up and just be a girl something we all need every now and then.

Hennessy Event with Rep Alaina Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment